WVU Non-Nursing Students
WVU students currently enrolled in another degree program who are interested in applying/transferring to the nursing program should contact Phillip Engelkemier for more information:
External Transfer Students
If you are a student currently attending another college/university and you are interested in the nursing program at West Virginia University, review the information on the WVU Undergraduate Admissions website.
Nursing Transfer Students
College students currently enrolled in a nationally-accredited nursing program may request transfer of previously completed nursing courses to WVU School of Nursing BSN program using the steps below.
Three Campuses. One Choice. One Application.
The BSN program is available on three campuses: Morgantown, Beckley, and Potomac State and we've made it easy to apply to the campus of your choice. Simply submit one application per term for the BSN program and your one campus preference. (Submitting multiple applications for the same term to different campuses may cause a processing delay in your application.)
- Space available in class.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on all college work attempted.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on all nursing course work attempted.
- All nursing and pre-requisite non-nursing courses must have been passed with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Statement of good standing from program in which currently enrolled.
- Send syllabi of previously completed nursing courses for review to determine whether courses are transferrable. Syllabi may be sent electronically to email@example.com.
Note: Any student who has been dismissed from the West Virginia University School of Nursing or any other nursing program will not be readmitted or considered for admission to the program.