Our RN to BSN program offers graduates of diploma and associate degree nursing programs the opportunity to complete requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) at the Charleston, Morgantown and Beckley (beginning fall 2017) campuses. Nursing courses in the RN to BSN program are designed for completion in three semesters of full-time study. All the courses are offered as web courses.
The deadline for fall 2017 applications has been extended to July 1, 2017.
- Diploma or associate's degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale on all college work attempted
- Unrestricted license to practice nursing
- Completion of WVU’s General Education Foundation requirements
These can be completed while enrolled in the program - required GEF’s for the RN-BSN program include - ENGL 102, STAT 211, PSYC 101, PSYC 241, and SOCA 101 (if not already taken)
Apply To WVU
Once you have reviewed the qualifications you can begin the application process. Below is a button that will take you to the WVU application page. To get started you'll first need to create an account on that page. Once you have done so, click "Start Application" and review your admission type prior to completing enrollment information.
- The application period for the Spring (January) term will open on May 1 and close on November 1. All transcripts must be received no later than November 15.
- The application period for the Summer term will open on September 1 and close on March 1. All transcripts must be received no later than March 15.
- The application period for the Fall term will open on December 1 and close on July 1. All transcripts must be received no later than July 15.
Once you are done you will receive an email confirmation on receipt of application. You can also return to that site to track your documents and check your application status. New students can expect an admissions packet in the mail within 4-6 weeks of submitted application.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the Application for Undergraduate Admission above. Nonrefundable application fee must also be paid. Official college transcripts from each college or university attended must be sent directly from the institution to the WVU Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 6009, Morgantown WV 26506. The application and all supporting materials must be received by the deadline date.
Applicants accepted to the program can expect to receive a letter from the Dean of the School of Nursing welcoming them to the RN-BSN program. Specific information including licensure requirement, HIPAA training, advisor, review of requirements to maintain good standing in the program and date for confirmation of seat in the program will be outlined in the acceptance letter.
Accepted students will receive a welcome letter from the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs and the RN-BSN Program Coordinator. This letter will provide an orientation to the online program providing information on the following: progression planning, email access, course registration, textbook purchases, course access, required computer skills, website resources, contact information for course faculty and instructions for online registration.