The West Virginia University School of Nursing Office of Research and Scholarly Activity supports the overall West Virginia University Health Sciences strategic plan to promote health and eliminate health disparities, while focusing on the School of Nursing’s vision for optimal health, enhanced quality of life, and excellent healthcare for the people of West Virginia and the global community. The WVU School of Nursing research program includes colleagues from the WVU Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Public Health, WVU Medicine and the West Virginia Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. Multiple funding sources, including federal, state, foundation, institutional and industry, support the program.
The WVU SON Office of Research and Scholarly Activity is committed to the next generation of nurse scholars and offers baccalaureate, graduate students and new faculty mentored experiences with established researchers in a scholarly interprofessional research environment.
Our mission is to support knowledge development, discovery, and innovation that furthers the science of healthcare and nursing.
- Promote the conduct and dissemination of nursing and transdisciplinary healthcare scholarship
- Facilitate internal and external interprofessional research teams and partnerships
- Maintain a strong cadre of nurse scholars
- Prepare nurse scientists to assume leadership roles that affect science, practice and policy.
- Build robust funding streams
At the WVU School of Nursing we take pride in our research. Our primary services offered by the Office of Research and Scholarly Activity are as follows.
The Provision of Grant Support Services
- Pre award assistance
- Post award assistance
- Generation of Reports
- Pilot funding program
- Team Facilitation
- Manuscript editing, poster development, presentation review
Faculty and student development
- Scholarly interest groups
- Individual consultation
- Continuing education/lectures/visiting scholars
- Think tanks
- Formal mentoring program
- Interview preparation
- Research assistantships
- Facilitate mock presentations
- Publication strategy–assist with development of publications, abstracts and research reports
- Idea conception
Communication and Networking
- Quarterly Newsletters
- Grant solicitations announcements
- Collaboration with our communications offices, as well as the Office of University Relations