Moms- and dads-to-be at West Virginia University can learn about the best daycares, how to address leave and benefits for parents at an upcoming workshop that will provide information on all things parenthood at WVU.
The WVU Council for Women's Concerns will host "What to Expect When You're Expecting … at West Virginia University" on March 22, 2017 from 1 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. in the Greenbrier Room of the Mountainlair. The workshop is available to all WVU employees.
Attendees are encouraged to stop by any or all of the sessions available:
- 1:00-1:45 pm WVU HR: Medical Management – Deanna Watts explains FMLA, taking time off, and submitting appropriate documentation.
- 1:45-2:30 pm WVU ADVANCE Center – Melissa Latimer and Leslie Tower discuss Policy 51 and Parental Work Assignment Procedures (PWAP), lactation stations, and breastfeeding policies.
- 2:30-3:00 pm WVU Student Family Resources – Victoria Hoover discusses student family resources.
- 3:00-3:30 pm WVU Child Learning Center – Amy Cook discusses daycare services and fees.
- 3:30-3:45 pm Local Childcare Resources – Alexis McMillen, CCRC & Morgantown Parent Zone, explains childcare resources.
- 3:45-4:15 pm Ask a WVU Parent Panel – Panelists from across the University discuss their firsthand experiences of being a parent and answer your questions.
Registration for the event is encouraged at go.wvu.edu/expecting. Free snacks and drinks will be available. For more information, visit http://cwc.wvu.edu/.