- Degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program.
- Minimum nursing GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all college work attempted.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in at least one state.
- Completion of 3 credits of undergraduate statistics equivalent to WVU Stats 211 and 3 credits of health assessment with a grade of C or better.
Apply to WVU
The application period for the Summer term will open on October 1 and close on January 1.
- Click on the Create Account at WVU button above.
- We are in the process of having WVU Graduated Education application updated with this new program option. In the meantime, please select the following options on the Enrollment Information screen:
- Admission Type*: Masters
- Intended Program*: Nursing MSN
- You will be asked to select a Progression Plan on the Nursing Application. The years listed are for completion of the MSN portion of the program.
- On the Supplemental Materials screen, you will upload the following:
- Current curriculum vita or resume
- Professional goals statement. View the guidelines on writing the essay.
- Applicants must also provide three letters of reference addressing the applicant’s likelihood for success in graduate work. One letter should be from a former professor. You will list your references, with their email addresses, on the Recommendations screen. Your references will receive an email from Hobsons with an electronic form. They will also need to upload a letter of recommendation.
Complete Supplemental Application
After you have applied to WVU you must complete a supplemental application for admission.
Request Official Transcripts from All Colleges and Universities Attended
Official college transcripts from each college or university attended must be sent directly from the institution to:
WVU Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 6009
Morgantown WV 26506
Applicants are notified of admissions decisions via email in April.
Students are required to attend an online orientation session prior to the start of the summer semester.
Note: Any student who has been dismissed from the West Virginia University School of Nursing will not be readmitted to the program.