Getting involved within the School of Nursing is a great way to meet your fellow classmates and become active in the community. Below is a list of current opportunities available, along with contact information.
All students are required to perform the following amount of community service hours before graduation:
- Bachelor of Science: 100 community service hours required
- BS/BA to Bachelor of Science: 50 community service hours required
- RN to Bachelor of Science: 25 community service hours required (8 are earned in Summer Community Course)
- Master of Science in Nursing: 50 community service hours required
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: 50 community services hours required
Additionally, WVU's Center for Service and Learning provides a list of organizations that need volunteers via iServe. This is a great way to be involved in the greater Morgantown community. This list is not an endorsement by WVU or the School of Nursing. Students are advised to carefully explore any opportunity prior to engaging in any volunteer, community service or employment activity.