Come Work with Us
The WVU School of Nursing remains committed to providing the highest levels of undergraduate professional nursing education, while expanding opportunities for graduate education. Our MSN program continues to prepare Nurse Practitioners with faculty who are experts in using technology with “high touch” skills. Our school also offers two doctoral programs, a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – the highest level of nursing practice, and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) for nurses desiring a research career. Start-up packages will be negotiated individually with the Dean of the School of Nursing.
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For other open WVU Job Listings, please go to: WVU Department of Human Resources
Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship
West Virginia University School of Nursing (WVUSON) is seeking an Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship to lead its research and scholarship mission. The WVUSON is one of five professional schools in the WVU Health Sciences Center - -Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health--supporting interprofessional collaboration and education. The adjacent WVU Ruby Memorial Hospital is part of a multi-hospital system that includes affiliated community and specialty clinics.
- a PhD in nursing or a related field
- at least five years of academic experience at the rank of Associate Professor
- evidence of a professional leadership and progressive leadership responsibilities
- demonstrated record of funded grants and applications
- demonstrated experience growing a research program
- demonstrated track record of academic innovations
- a current registered nurse license in West Virginia or the ability to secure a West Virginia RN license
Tenure-Track Research Faculty Position
West Virginia University School of Nursing invites applicants for Full-Time, Tenure-Track, Research Faculty positions.
- Doctoral degree required, Research Doctorate in Nursing encouraged to apply
- 2 years post-doctoral training encouraged to apply
- Current external funding or NIH grant application under development encouraged to apply
- Minimum of three peer reviewed publications within past 5 years expected